Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What an Amazing Day!

So we had an adventure today!  Jeremy had the last 2 days off and today we decided to pack the kids up and go to Sherman Park.  It was one of the funnest days I have had in a LONG time!  We got lunch and brought it down and had a picnic, then it was off to play!


Of course we had to see Mudgy the Moose from the book that Grandma gave us for Christmas, we will have to go on the Mudgy Trail this summer.





Zoe had so much fun, but she really wanted to see the water.


Now some of you may not know this, but I love being by the lake.  I could lay by the lake for hours and I used to do just that.  Actually when I got married I was so dark that people told me that I had to stop tanning because it was making my husband look like a vampire.  But ever since having kids I don't get down there hardly at all.  AND if I do get down there we can't stay long because my fair skinned, blonde haired, blue eyed little girl would cook!  So I have to limit my time there, so today was a real treat for all of us.  It was the first family outing to the beach and the first time Cooper has gotten to see the lake... not like he will remember it, but we at least have the pictures to show him some day.

Now I posted this picture of me, a rare sight on here, only because I thought it was so sweet how excited Zoe was and Cooper's first time getting that close.  If I had the talent of air brushing my tummy and back I totally would have.  I have basically been pregnant for the last 2 years, so these are my battle scars.  I am working on it I promise.  Anyways back to the kids...


This is going to be blown up and framed somewhere in my house! I just thought this picture was so sweet and Zoe was so scared to get her feet wet at first, but she quickly got over her fear.


This picture is blurry but I like it too.  Our feet in the sand for the first time.  Cooper liked it until the water came over his feet and he screamed like a girl.  But considering that he is only 4 months old, we will let it slide.


Now I wish I could add sound to this picture.  It just looks like he is smiling, but the squeals of excitement and joy coming from him right here was so precious.  Plus, hearing Zoe in the background giggle and laugh and chuck rocks and anything else she could in the water just made this day so perfect!




I haven't posted any crafty things lately, but I have some that I need to share with you.  Including the little clippy in Zoe's hair right here.  And a chalk board door, jewelry hanger, letters, book shelf!  Oh yeah, I've been busy (much to my husband's dismay, but he'll get over it!)

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...wherever did you get an idea for a jewelery hanger, I wonder? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsee, you are so hilarious. You actually look pretty dang good for having those cute babies!! Looks like a fun day. We love Mudgie, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day! Question #1: What is a Mudgey Moose? And where can I get one? (Okay that was technically 2 questions so...)Question #3: does your husband ever take off his hat? Question#4: okay I didnt really have a question 4. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete