Monday, May 25, 2009

Speechless

Well, I guess I'm not actually speechless because I am writing this blog but I just had to share with you all.  This evening was such a wonderful example of why I love being a mom and a wife.  It was warm out and Zoe was outside playing and I had set Cooper out there as well to just enjoy the warm almost summer air, the grill was going, the air smelled sweet from the fresh cut grass that Jeremy had just done and all I could hear were giggles.  I came around the corner and saw Zoe reading a flyer that had been left on our door to her brother.  I got a little emotional when I saw how sweet this was.  Zoe will never know how much this little moment touched my heart.  Even though there are times when I want to lock myself in the closet and sit in silence for a little while or go to the store by myself, it is moments like these that just make everything ok again.


I am so grateful that my husband works so hard to give me the opportunity to stay home with our children.  He makes sure there is always food in our cupboards, clothes on our backs, and a roof over our head.  He makes me crazy sometimes and I do the same for him, but we are a team.  No matter what happens I know that I have married my best friend, he loves me, I love him, he has given me my precious babies and has stood by my side and helped me overcome some hard times and I have done the same for him.  When we first started dating, I got a lot of flack from family and friends because he was not Mormon.  Nothing anyone could say could deter me from loving him.  Now I am so glad that I didn't buckle under the pressures from my family and friends and we have overcome some amazing odds.



It is an awesome thing to see how far we have come.  We have grown up so much since we got married almost 6 years ago.  I was only 18 and he was 21.  I had graduated from high school 2 months prior to our wedding.  And here I am, 24, I have 2 babies, a house and I couldn't be happier.


Life throws some crazy things at you and it is those times when you must stick together and work as a team or you will fail.  I love my life and my family.  Thank you Jeremy for being my one and only and for putting up with me for this long.  I cannot wait to grow old with you see what our future brings.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I just recently posted a "moment" like this on my family blog and I have to tell you that I feel the same way. Being a mommy can be SO hard, yet so rewarding. You look like you are doing an amazing job with these little ones!
    I wanted to drop by and say thank you for stopping by my Wonderfully Wordy blog and leaving such a great comment! I love visitors. Thanks again!
    If you ever need anything, I would love to help!
    Shelley Smith
    wonderfullywordy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious moment! There's nothing sweeter or better in this life, & you are such a good Mommy, I love reading about it!

    ReplyDelete