So it is 2:02 am right now and I am writing this little note. Usually crafting or making things is therapeutic for me as I have had a rough couple of days and I had this brilliant idea to make aprons for my sister-in-law and I for our garage sale. Well, I got all the fabric, got everything ready, cut everything, feeling confident about my time and then I sat down at the sewing machine and it all went down hill. One seam that should have only taken less than a minute stretched out for over an hour. Somehow my bobbin and the needle weren't working together correctly. And because it was so late I couldn't call my trusty mother or mother-in-law to ask for advice, so I had to go it alone. Everyone is asleep and luckily they are because I was possessed by a drunken sailor. I was swearing in different languages and then translated them into English! I even made up a few of my own that made absolutely no sense but it just made me feel better. So I am now waiting for the iron to get hot so I can finish the first apron and I still have mine to make and I am eating cookies. I will post pictures of these super cute aprons that I was inspired to make by a friend of a friend's blog and I just had to make them. Hopefully I will be a happy camper for this sale even though I might only get an hour or two of sleep tonight.
Yep...I tried to convert pants to shorts this week. I gave up after pair #4. I have 2 left but I may not talk to my sewing machine again for a week or two! So take that stupid bobbin-needle nest!
ReplyDelete