Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Extravagaza Weekend!


Happy late Mother's Day to all!  Hope your day was great and you were showered with love, I know I was.

What a week/weekend!  On Friday, Zoe, Jeremy and I all got to go to the doctor for our big bad coughs and Zoe's fever.  The doctor gave Jeremy and I codiene coated cough syrup to help us sleep and Zoe just has to ride hers out, which was not fun.  But luckily Jeremy took a 4 day weekend so he could get our big project done.  My Mother's Day gift was a new bathroom floor!!!  Some of you might think that is not a fun present, but I figure it lasts longer than flowers and he worked so hard on it!  So with our horrid coughs and Zoe being sick, he went to work.  

Zoe was feeling better on Saturday, the calm before the storm I guess.  She helped me weed the gardens in the front and back yard.  She had a hard time figuring out what was a weed and what was a flower, so she pulled up both and dumped dirt down my pants.  Just in case you didn't know this, dirt in your underpants is not a fun thing!  But she helped.  I got bit by ants but still got a lot done.  While I was outside, this is what was going on inside!









Thanks PawPaw (aka Jeremy's Dad) for coming over to help cut the tile!  It looks awesome!

I am so happy and considering that this is Jeremy's first tile job, it looks amazing!  Now as I said before, Zoe was fine on Saturday but on Sunday she had a very hard day.  Her fever returned and she did not feel good at all.  I stayed on the couch almost the whole day "nuggling" (that's how she says it) and I took care of my baby girl.  It was a day filled with continuous confirmations of why I am a mom.  She just wanted her mommy and I was there for her.  Jeremy made me a fabulous breakfast of Baked French Toast with Blueberries and Stroganoff for dinner, which is what I asked for.  Thanks baby for giving me two of the most beautiful babies and for being my one and only!  




She had a rough day, but is much better today.  

My handsome boy! He was so good while mom took care of big sister.


My mom came over to give the kids a hug and to get her present that I had slaved away on and actually sliced my finger on, so I can actually say that I put my blood, sweat and tears into this project.  

Thank you mom for teaching me that its ok to be silly.  I still to this day cannot listen to Gloria Estafan's "Get on Your Feet" or "We Built This City on Rock & Roll" without wanting to pull the car over to get out and dance to it like we used to.  Love you mom!




I know, you don't have to say it, that is the dang cutest apron EVER! I am so crafty when I want to be!



All in all it was a great day!  I love being a mom and I hope my kids will always know how much I love them!

2 comments:

  1. I made an apron for my mom too!!! Look at us...we are identical! Where do you live? We put an offer on a short sale...maybe we will be down the street neighbors...ours is in the harmony subdvision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is that? We live in the Prairie Ridge development off of Poleline. Our back yard looks out at the newer middle school. Is your house close to that?!

    ReplyDelete