Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Great White Beast and his Wards

This is a tale of an adventure the Webb family took to the lake. The Great White Beast is my husband... self explanatory. I tan very easily, but he has vampire skin so he is continually white. I always tease him that if I am the same color as him I need to go tan! But, let us begin our tale of the Beast and his Wards.

We took a journey to paradise. A little slice of heaven called, Coeur d'Alene Lake. We found a nice shady area so that the "Mother Beast" i.e. Me, could sit with "Baby Beast" and not be too hot.

The Great Beast enjoyed dipping his feet in the water and the "Squirly Beast" dove right in.

The Great Beast was happy that Squirly Beast was not afraid of the water and proceeded to help her get in deeper.

Squirly Beast was a great student. She learned all kinds of fun things like flapping her feet behind her...
Throwing sand...
And to Mother Beast's great dismay, Great Beast taught Squirly about camouflage.
Then Great Beast set out on a journey and Squirly wanted to come, so she climbed on and they swam away.
They looked a little like those pictures you see of the Lockness Monster out in the distance, but Mother Beast knew it would be ok... well, she bit her nails and watched like a hawk to make sure everything would be ok.
Now, Baby Beast was up on shore with Mother Beast having a contest to see how loud he could scream and make all the other swimmers look at mom as if I was pinching him. Yes, Baby Beast has four new teeth coming in all at the same time and was one cranky critter. I was only able to take a few pictures of him when he wasn't screaming.
There were some rather tender moments exchanged between the beasts. They are pals.

Now for those of you that are not in this area anymore, here is a little reminder of what is waiting for you when you come home. And for those of you that have never been to the Coeur d'Alene, Idaho area, it truly is our slice of paradise.

Now this tale is not over, no no! I have to share the horrified shock that was the look on my face as I peeled off Zoe's bathing suit. The copious amounts of sand that came out was disgusting and she had sand in her hair for days afterwards. Thanks Dad!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun day at the beach! I miss it so much. Oh well something to look forward to in three years I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woke up horny as hell love to get a couple of hours alone with her

    ReplyDelete