Zoe has been doing so great on this go round of potty training. I attempted it back at the end of May and it was a disaster, but this time she has done awesome! She hasn't had a "Pee Accident" in days and is doing so great in telling me when she has to go. Now, here's where I need the advice. While she does great in the "Pee Department" the "#2 Department" is a whole different ball game. Does anyone have advice or had trouble with this? She will go and hide when she goes in her panties and then comes out and tells me that she is all done. She knows what she is doing but just isn't doing it in the potty. I have told her a little white lie that if she goes poopoo in the potty that it goes to feed the fishies like Nemo. That worked for about a day but hasn't done anything since. I have had her sit there for the longest time as she usually goes right after breakfast and she gets up with nothing in there and then proceeds to poo immediately after standing up. I would GREATLY appreciate any advice anyone might have!!!
I worked with Kali on potty training on and off for months & then one day when she was ready, she just trained herself and never looked back. Our methods of motivation were; potty candies (one skittle or M&M) as a reward for going & we made a potty chart that she could put stickers on each time too. Every kid is so different & at times it really stressed me out that she would do good for a while and then totally quit. Infact I probably worried & got frustrated over it much more than I should have. But what I learned from her experience was that all of my fretting was useless and that she did it when she was ready (with lots of practice building up to it). Infact really it was when I finally gave up on the panties & put pullups back on her and just relaxed about it that she did it on her own (I was probably stressing her out).
ReplyDeleteThe funny part is what worked with Kali probably wont work with Brinnley, but I did learn that I needed to relax. I probably pushed it and even made it a negative thing at first, but after lots of reading and grilling fellow mom's I learned that I needed to keep it all "positive and fun" & then let her go at her own pace. Hope that helps.
Lol Thanks TiAnn. I am the most impatient person alive and I know that is why it didn't work last time. I will just keep up being positive and maybe change her bribes a little. She has been doing so great, but it's just that little area that is hard for her, but it will happen when she's ready I guess.... I just wish it was yesterday. Lol
ReplyDelete