Friday, June 12, 2009

Jazzin' It Up

The other day I was feeling the need to spice things up, but I didn't have any money or a car. So I looked around the house to see what I could do that would have a large impact on the living room, but not cost us anything. So I rearranged the furniture... Well, just the couch and chairs, the rest of the room is the same because of the surround sound and large items, i.e. our 500lb TV (you may laugh, but we have moved that thing only a few times because it weighs so much that it takes 2 grown men to lift!)

Here is the before picture. This room has been like this for almost 2 years and just has never set well with me but I never did anything about it:


This is after. I think it opens the room up and makes the chairs seem a little more cozy. I am currently working on fun things to go on the end tables (which are being painted black in a matter of days, too much red, hard to decorate with). And I am also working with my mother on a slip cover for the rocking chair. It has served its purpose and has rocked 2 babies, but is now looking a little sad and needs a face lift. Also I am working on new pillows for the couch and big chair, again, I love me some red, but it limits what you can decorate with.


I am also thinking of making a coffee table out of one of my many windows and some old wood. Still in the works, but I think it will be fun. This is cheap way to spice things up and make your space different but not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment