...And said a lot of swear words in the process. First, let me apologize for not posting for the whole week. The reason for this is that all the projects that I was working on somehow blew up in my face. Let me explain. I learned a few very valuable lessons this week.
#1 Have all your ducks in a row and do your research before diving into a project!!!
&
#2 Be Patient (So not me, but I learned that slow and steady is better than fast and ruin everything and have to start at square one after hours of work.)
How did I learn these lessons, you might ask. Well, if get too in depth with it all I will just start to get angry want to throw things, so I won't. Plus, it would turn into the longest and most boring "vent" post you will ever read.
Now because I am not totally in love with one of the projects that I did, I won't show you all of the letters. I saw this post on Joys of Home and I loved it so much that I went out and got the letters of our last name and was going to do what she did. Well I didn't know how to use Modge Podge, I had never used it before so I just assumed that it was so easy that I could just wing it. BIG MISTAKE!!! I ended up having to rip up everything that I had spent hours cutting and gluing and all that jazz. So here is what I learned on my journey with Modge Podge.
#1 It is SUPER easy to do, but you have to do it right or you will be swearing.
#2 Apply a healthy coat of Modge Podge to the back of the paper, fabric, whatever and get it as flat as you can and get all the air bubbles out. I used a butter knife and worked from the inside out (didn't do this the first time and that is why I had to redo it.)
#3 Apply layers of the Modge Podge on the top only if the the back of the paper is dry first (again, didn't do this!)
So here is a picture of my favorite letter, still deciding if I like the others.
I also finished a project that was inspired by countless blogs and their love for numbers. We have had these two stools since we got married and they are just your basic stools.
I had some paint left over from painting my kid's room and thought I would just use some of it. So I sanded down both stools, not much, just roughed them up a bit. Then I primed and painted them. It was so hot out today that I had to work fast because the paint was drying too fast and that is never good.
So after I got them all painted (one coat of primer, two coats of color) I got out my transfer paper and my paint pen and went to work. I first printed off my text that I wanted and put the transfer paper underneath the page and traced it.
Then I used the paint pen and followed the lines from the transfer paper and filled it in. It looks a little whibbly if you are looking super close to it, but they look great I think! And when I paint my cabinets they will be that perfect pop of color.
Now I don't know about you, but when I am gettin' my craft on, I like to listen to a movie. I usually pick one that I have seen a gozillion times and I know what is going on without looking at the screen. Now I got this movie for Christmas from "Santa" and if you have not seen it yet, go and rent it. "Dan in Real Life" with Steve Carell, Juliette Binoche and Dane Cook. You will laugh and cry, sometimes at the same time. My favorite line in the movie is, "YOU ARE A MURDERER OF LOVE!!!!" I still cry in this movie and it still makes me laugh.




They look great Klesee!
ReplyDeleteI love the letters & stools they look great, and my biggest question is where do you find the time?! You are always up to something adorable and crafty! I loved that movie too!
ReplyDeleteYou are like Martha Stewart, only much nicer and hotter. I don't know how you do these things! Crafts make me want to curl into the fetal position and cry for my mother. I hate them, but don't worry...they hate me too.
ReplyDelete