Friday, September 11, 2009

Toxic House



Hello friends and welcome to Hell! Not really. I just feel like I have been trapped in a toxic house for 2 weeks now. First Zoe was sick, then she got sick again, then Cooper got sick and has had the squirts for over a week (luckily he's done now, had his first solid poop yesterday!) and then all of a sudden on Wednesday after nap Zoe spiked a fever. That night was awful as I had to sleep on the floor because she was restless and no amount of Tylenol was bringing her fever down. So I called the doctor first thing yesterday and got her in right away. I just assumed it was an ear infection, but her ears were clear. Her throat was a little red so they tested her for strep, the test was negative. Then they tested her for influenza... and swine flu: negative. I had told the doctor that her urine had smelled strong the day before and that day, so he said that they would test for the other things first and if they came back negative they would have to do a urine test to see if she had a bladder infection. The only way for them to get a sterile sample from a 2 year old is with a cathater. I was horrified that they would have to do that and I was crossing my fingers that one of the other tests would be positive, but alas they weren't. So I had to hold her down, Cooper screaming in the background, Zoe screaming, mass pandemonium in the room just so they could get the tube in and get a tiny amount out. I think I cried longer than she did. But that test came back negative as well. The nurse practitioner said that it was probably viral, after all those tests, and that he wanted to see her today first thing if she was still feverish and not doing well. So we went home and Zoe held her grandma hostage here for hours as she fell asleep on grandma's chest and slept for 3-4 hours, which was more sleep than she had all night. Her fever went away last night and we drugged her up and she got some good rest. So we woke up this morning and she seemed fine, no fever, no glassy eyes, more energy. So I cancelled the appointment. Now however, she is starting to feel warm again and have a little bit of the chills. Oye Ve!!!! So it is lock down mode in the Webb household and we are trying to get through this without any more tears... on my part. I have reached that point exhaustion where one day just kind of blurs into the next. I'll keep you posted on how things are going, but for now... STAY CLEAR OF THE WEBB HOUSE!!!! IT'S TOXIC!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You poor thing! It is so hard to have sick kids, especially when you don't know what is wrong. Their health and your sanity will be in our prayers! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete