I love the holidays! I have had a love for them since I was little and now that I have my own children I want to make it as special for them as I remember it being for me. My mother-in-law used to ask everyone what they were thankful for before dinner on Thanksgiving, but ever since getting pregnant with Zoe, I requested that we not do it. WHAT?! Here's why. I am so incredibly thankful for so many things that all I would do is stand there and cry. So, as the spotlight is not on me right now, I will express to all of you my thanks, TEAR FREE!!!
1. My family. We have had a rough year this year, emotionally, financially, and otherwise. We all have our own battles going on in our life and in mine, this year has truly tested my soul. I am married to my best friend and he provides for us the best he can. I love him dearly. He has also provided me with the best gift of all, my children. They have challenged me in ways I didn't think kids could do this year, but I wouldn't trade any moment of it. We are truly blessed.

3. A husband that has a job. So many times now a days you hear about families losing jobs and being so strapped. We had the opportunity for me to quit and to stay home. My husband is a smart man and doesn't use his talents like he could, but he goes to work everyday to provide for us and keep us afloat.
4. The roof over our head. We are so fortunate to own our own home and to stay warm at night.
5. Food on our table. The husband may be a little sick of the things I cook at times, but at least we have it.
6. Our health. I know that my kids have been sick a lot lately, but right now, at the very moment, they are both healthy! That is truly a miracle! Lol Which I have probably jinxed us and they will both wake up with a fever tomorrow, but it could be worse and I am thankful that it isn't.
7. And last but not least, the fact that I am able to stay home and raise my children. I have had a struggle with this all year long. I don't know why, but I'm sure it has to do with the fact that I have had a job since I was 14 and now not working seems foreign to me. But it is a choice that we have made and I am so grateful to the chance. I have been home for all of Cooper's firsts. I have been home when they have been sick and needed me, I have been to every doctor's visit, and haven't had to hear about it over the phone. No, it hasn't been easy, but it has been the most rewarding, stressful, unglamorous thing I have EVER done and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Happy Holidays from My Family to Yours!



No comments:
Post a Comment