
So for the last few weeks I have been exercising and trying to get rid of this baby weight that I have accumulated for the past few years. I swiped the Slim in 6 DVD from my sister under the strict instructions to NOT move to the next section until I am able to do the "Start it Up" section first. So I have been doing this for a few weeks, but I have gotten serious and started doing it every day for the past 4 or 5 days straight. So I called my sister to ask her what the next section was like and that I only have to take breaks on the last few seconds of the squats and lunges on the first section. She told me that the "Ramp it Up" section, the next step, was twice as long and more intense. She said that I could try it if I felt I needed a challenge, which I did, and that I could take breaks if I needed to. Here was my experience.... or what I remember of it:
I started off with the warm up and thought it was great, got my heart rate up, hadn't broken a sweat yet, it was great. Got into the first 20 minutes and was really feeling the burn and sweating more than I think anyone should, but it was awesome. Then I started to fade into a dark and painful abyss. I was getting dizzy and I hurt in places I didn’t realize I had. I think I blacked out for a minute because when I came to I heard Zoe saying, “Don’t cry mommy. Don’t cry!” Now, because my children were both watching, I didn’t want to show any weakness and I pressed on.
Then Debbie Siebers, the creator of Slim in 6, or as I now like to call her “Lady Satan” wanted me to get on all fours and do leg extensions. So I gracefully got on the floor…. Ok, I actually just flopped and rolled like a manatee, and I started to do as many as I could do, which was about 3. I burst out laughing, going a little mad by this point, when she said, “Now eight more reps!” in her extremely perky and excited voice… I am not a fan of that voice anymore.
So I finished the workout, barely, and it was now time for stretching. I just laid there panting and trying to move away from “The Light” and I attempted to do some of the stretches but I was getting winded just doing those. My kids were both watching me with very concerned looks on their little faces and I rallied a smile somehow and said, “Mommy’s ok!”
All in all it was a great workout, but only if you are not a big and out of shape as I am. I will now go take a shower and probably curl up in the fetal position and cry a little bit. I am sure that I will have trouble walking for the rest of the week, so I am considering calling the Hover-Round store to get my motorized cart.



You are FREAKING Hilarious!!! That whole blog just cracked me up. Im starting my work out tomorrow for 5 days a week Tuesday thru Saturday and Im sure Im going to be crying and puking a little in MY mouth!!
ReplyDelete