Holy slacker! I just realized that I didn't post any pictures of our Halloween on this blog. I did over at my craft blog, but not here. Sorry!
My plan was to have all of us dress up as the Wizard of Oz clan, Zoe as Dorothy, Cooper as the Lion, me as the Scarecrow and Jeremy as the Tin Man. However after making Cooper's lion costume and the many hours it took to sew, hand stitch, and glue all the hair on... I said NO to extra costumes! I made Cooper's first as his was the hardest, way above my sewing skills! But I did it, however I am glad I did it late at night mostly so the kids couldn't hear me swear. I was so tired when stitching on the velcro in the back that I made them side by side and not over lapping. After I realized what I had done, it was after 1:00am, I just threw it out of my hands and walked away. I didn't want to look at it for many hours. Lol

Zoe's costume was actually done in a few hours, thankfully! I was so tired and had stayed up late for many nights before making hers, but I figured I was keeping with tradition as my mother and grandmother used to do the same thing for all the costumes for plays or concerts that I was in. I have a new found respect for the both of them! Zoe's costume was the cheapest. The blue was a man's button up shirt that was found at Goodwill for a little over $1 and the white was just some extra muslin that my mother-in-law had. She was very proud of her sparkly shoes. For the weeks leading up to Halloween she would say what she was going to be for Halloween. Here is a small list of what she said: A Dinosaur, a Blue Dinosaur (because the other one wasn't cool enough), a Pumpkin, a Ghost, a Monster, a Princess... and the list goes on. But she finally said she was going to be "Dorsy" with her cute little lisp that she has.

We also got to enjoy a fun company party at Jeremy's dad's office. The employees families are invited to come and Trick or Treat within the office and have fun food and prizes. Zoe got to go last year and had a lot of fun, so this year all the grandkids got to go. I didn't get great pictures of the actual Trick or Treating, but the best part of the whole thing was when we were done we went back to my father-in-laws office and ate food and Zoe got into her candy. When the boys saw that Zoe had candy and was sharing with "Paw Paw" they needed to be a part of the fun as well. So this is the scene that went on for many minutes. All four of them taking turns with the suckers. Just so you know, this is how H1N1 gets passed around. Lol
And this was my favorite. Cooper has never really experienced candy before so when he got it, he wanted it bad. He was like a little bird that would open his mouth when the candy was near. My father-in-law would just hover the sucker in front of his mouth and he would open and move his tongue. It cracked me up so much!
And here are the cousins on Halloween day. Done, hungry, tired and on a little bit of a sugar crash. It was a good day.

So cute Kels!!! I love tht you made them. Your sons looks very hard to do! And im impressed with dorsy! I would have never thought about a mens shirt...I should be thinking about that now that i hae a girl huh?!
ReplyDeleteAmazing job on the costumes! Very impressed! The kiddos look so cute! The sewing hours--now that is true love!
ReplyDeleteHoly Stinking Cutness Kelsee!!! Great job!
ReplyDeleteCute Halloween costumes, "dorsy" how adorable! We'll have to get our kiddos together some time when I venture up to CDA. Also did you ever say Cooper is on Soy formula? I have an unopened can if you want it.
ReplyDelete